RULES for ENTRY to TOTTON ART SOCIETY ANNUAL EXHIBITION
TOTTON ART SOCIETY SUMMER EXHIBITION
SATURDAY 17th – SATURDAY 24th AUGUST 2019
*Entry form AND hanging fees to be returned no later than THURSDAY 1ST AUGUST, 2019 to:
Mary Maskell, 2 Hamtun Gardens, Testwood, Southampton, S040 3NW Tel. No. 80860063
Handing in: FRIDAY 16th AUGUST 2019 9-10 am Venue: Palm Room, Totton & Eling
Handing out: SATURDAY 24th AUGUST 2019 5 – 6 pm Community Centre
1. PRESENTATION (Please tick rules appropriate to you and use as a check reminder before handing in.)
___All paintings must be labelled on reverse with the artist’s name, title of work, medium and price.
___Watercolours should be behind glass, backed. secured and sealed with good adhesive tape to the rear of the
frame. Please make sure mounts and glass are clean.
___All work should be hung with D-RINGS AND TAUT CORD, knot covered with masking tape, placed
ONE THIRD from the top of the painting.
___Central ring supports should only be used on miniatures.
___Clip frames or damaged frames not accepted.
___Solid panels, deep edge and standard canvases accepted unframed with no visible staples, pins or fixings.
___All works to be signed by the artist.
___Unframed works (except canvas boards) to be mounted, backed with card and covered in cellophane and
labelled as above.
___Cards to be in cellophane with envelope, priced and showing name of artist.
2. Up to 4 entries plus 4 miniatures may be submitted. Only 2 entries can be above 30” longest frame measurement.
No more than 2 entries to be marked “Not for Sale”.
3. Pottery, sculptures, woodcarvings, drawings, pastels, oils, watercolours, gouache, acrylic, pencil, and other similar
mediums are eligible, and must be stated.
4. The Committee reserve the right, if necessary, to:
select work according to the space available and the suitability of size of works submitted by ensuring that there is a fair representation of all exhibitors.
reject work inadequately presented.
5. COPYRIGHT Only original works of the artist are acceptable. Copies of other artists’ work from demonstrations,
magazines, books, internet photos etc. will not be admissible.
6. To provide a progressive exhibition works must not have been previously exhibited in TOTTON at previous Summer Exhibitions and One Day Sales.
7. The Society accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to exhibits, but every effort will be made to see that all unsold entries are returned in the same condition as received. Insurance of work against loss or damage is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
8. The positioning of the exhibits within the Exhibition is the sole responsibility of the Hanging Committee and may not be moved by sitters-in or visitors. Great care and time is taken to display work artistically, fairly, and safely.
9. Exhibitors will be charged 15% commission on any sales, 20% if no sitting-in duty undertaken.
10. Labels will be printed for display purposes from the information submitted on your entry form.
N.B. All participating members are expected to do at least one sitting-in period during the exhibition.
A “Sitting-in Board” will be passed round at forthcoming meetings to enable you to indicate dates you are able to be on duty. Please make a note of these dates and times. If unable to attend please inform secretary or make arrangements for another member to take your place. N.B. ONE COMMITTEE MEMBER PLUS TWO MEMBERS to sit in at each session.
SITTING IN SESSIONS: morning: 10.00 am – 1.30 pm
afternoon: 1.30 pm – 5.00 pm Thursday until 6.00pm
YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE ATTACHED ENTRY FORM WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES –
***** Please use TICK LIST above to assist your compliance with the Rules of Entry. *****